Thursday, May 15, 2008

Busy-ness

I have been itching to get back to writing, but life has been extremely busy lately. I have had several meetings with profs and advisors to figure out just what classes I need to graduate (though that is still about two years away). I am also trying to plan out what preparation I need to make in the next several years for an eventual career and begin to pursue it.

Work, too, has been taking up a lot of time. I bid on a landscaping job for Jenny's boss and his wife and have been working on that as well as working for a deck and fencing contractor. I am learning professional techniques on power-washing and staining. It is a relatively fun and easy job. It also pays pretty well.

I have decided to start working on some scholarly articles, but have yet to find the time. The first I want to tackle is the nature of Christ. This topic has been rolling about in my brain for the last year-and-a-half. Our understanding of who Christ is and what Scripture says about him directs our belief overall. Put another way, a proper Christology/Soteriology is essential to our faith as Christians.

Jenny and I bought the Planet Earth Series on DVD recently, and have been watching it as we settle for the evening. This series has offered some rare looks at some fascinating and elusive creatures.

No comments: