Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hunting

As many of my friends and family know, I have been an avid recreational shooter for years, but I had never been hunting. I had my first opportunity yesterday. I went with some family to a local game farm and hunted Pheasant and Chukar Partridge with my brother-in-law's dog. It was a perfect day, with a fresh snow and not too cold. They released twenty birds for us and we found seventeen and shot fifteen. I got three!
I suppose only other hunters and the occasional birder might appreciate the extraordinary beauty of seeing a flushed Chukar flying directly overhead. I wondered if I would have qualms about killing these beautiful birds, but it wasn't bad, knowing that we would be eating them.
Here is a picture of yours-truly with three of our birds.

No comments: