Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Book

Hey all,
Recently, Jenny and I went on a date (what's that again?). We went out for dinner, stopped by a book store (we're such nerds), and then went to see The Golden Age, a movie about Elizabeth I's latter years. Unfortunately, Jenny and I agree, the director took far too much historical license with the film.
At any rate, I bought a book at the book store called The Pirate Coast: Thomas Jefferson, The First Marines, and the Secret Mission of 1805. It's a pretty interesting historical vignette. it is set in a time that I have not studied much about, between the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. It has been fascinating to get a clearer idea of Jefferson's personality, although the book is mainly devoted to another historical figure, William Eaton, and his struggles to uphold American ideals in her dealings abroad.

I would highly recommend the book to all who are interested in American, British, Middle Eastern, or military history. Here is a link to it on Amazon.

No comments: