Friday, October 12, 2007

The Latest News from Kentucky

Well, its that time of year again. The days have shortened, the class projects have built-up, and landscaping is starting to wind down. This is the part of the year I like least for these reasons. Yet there is so much to be thankful for. God has provided for us faithfully, and allowed me to work a lot over the summer (60-80 hr. weeks) to pay for the semester and a few needed extras (like the laptop I am writing on at the moment), and to continue on a part time basis with landscaping during the semester.

At this point, I am just trying to get through my classes. Hebrew is horrendous. I just don't seem to have the time to learn it as solidly as I would like, yet when I do find time to review, I am surprised at how much I do remember. My other classes are going well. My Spiritual Disciplines class has been an inspiration, and I have been trying to implement what I am learning (like biblical ways of praying, praying through Scripture, Scripture memorization and meditation, and biblical purposes for fasting). I have also been thrilled to read some of the writings of the early church fathers on different issues for Church History 1. Right now I am working on a paper comparing the thinking of Augustine and Cassian. Believe it or not, this is the sort of thing that makes me happy.

Jenny is doing well. She is working for a friend of ours, Josh, at his web design and wedding photography business, Red Tree Design. She has been able to do more hands-on work with images and creating albums lately and loves it! She recently finished another painting and is in the middle of another one. She is also working with a new medium, cross-stitch! She has taken one of her intricate drawings and is turning it into a masterpiece in colored string. I will post a picture when it's done.

We are in the process of changing churches. We started attending Highview Baptist when we first came to Louisville, and have felt so accepted and loved there. But we have been given an opportunity to serve in more capacities at a smaller church in the southwest section of town. We will certainly miss our friends at Highview and will keep in touch. We are also looking forward to building new relationships at New Heights Baptist.

No comments: