Thursday, October 11, 2007

Anticipated Readership

I am posting an explanation of my blog with the expectation of increased readership. I started this blog with two main intentions. First, I hope that it will serve as a quick way for my family and friends to "check up" on me and make contact. Second, I would like to foster my writing skills; namely, I would like to make my writing more substantive and concise.

I welcome all interaction, whether agreement and encouragement or otherwise, and would love advice on better writing and better thinking. I would like this blog to be about connection and spiritual growth (Proverbs 27:17, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.").

The rather absurd name comes from a skittles commercial I saw on television (please see my second post from the bottom under the June 2007 posts in the blog archive (a little drop-down list near the bottom of the right-hand business section of the blog)). Sometimes I think that all of our discussions can be hardly more useful than the singing of that rabbit, yet we can make it more so by talking (and writing) of things with substance and eternal meaning. Not everything has to be spiritualized, of course, but as Paul said, "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." My hope, then, is that we might discuss substantial things here.

So, without further ado, welcome to The Yodeling Rabbit!

No comments: